- 1 How do you wish someone a happy Chinese New Year?
- 2 How do you say Happy New Year in Cantonese?
- 3 How do you wish someone a Chinese New Year 2021?
- 4 How do you write a Chinese New Year message?
- 5 Do you wish someone a happy Chinese New Year?
- 6 What does Gong Xi Fa Cai mean?
- 7 What do you write in a Chinese New Year card?
- 8 What happens when you text Happy Chinese New Year?
- 9 How do you greet someone in Mandarin?
- 10 How do you wish someone well in Chinese?
- 11 What are some Chinese sayings?
How do you wish someone a happy Chinese New Year?
“Gong hei fat choy” is the most common Chinese New Year greeting in Cantonese, which is spoken in parts of southern China and Hong Kong. It directly translates to “wishing you great happiness and prosperity.” In Mandarin, the same greeting is “gong xi fa cai” (pronounced gong she fa tsai).
How do you say Happy New Year in Cantonese?
To wish new year in Cantonese, you have to say “ Gong hei fat choy”. This wish is used mainly in southern China and Hong Kong. You can use this phrase in Cantonese to wish your beloved.
How do you wish someone a Chinese New Year 2021?
Chinese new year 2021 quotes!
- Happy New Year to you and your family! I hope this year will bring the warmth of love and positivity in your life.
- I wish you and your loved ones a happy, prosperous and blissful new year.
- May this year bring you success and happiness.
- Happy Ox Year to you and your family!
How do you write a Chinese New Year message?
Chinese New Year Greetings for Happiness, Health & Peace
- 恭贺新禧 (gōng hè xīn xǐ) – Good luck in the year ahead.
- 心想事成 (xīn xiǎng shì chéng) – May all your wishes come true.
- 万事如意 (wàn shì rú yì) – May everything go well for you.
- 笑口常开 (xiào kǒu cháng kāi) – May your year be filled with abundance of smiles and laughter.
Do you wish someone a happy Chinese New Year?
Be aware that the nowadays a more international way of greeting – “Happy Lunar New Year” – is not a popular accepted phrase to use to your Chinese friend, who may regard it as offensive. Instead use the phrase “Happy Chinese New Year” or just simply “Happy New Year”.
What does Gong Xi Fa Cai mean?
Another common greeting used is gong xi fa cai, pronounced gong-zee-fah-tsai. This is a common wishing of prosperity, literally translating to ” wishing you enlarge your wealth.”
What do you write in a Chinese New Year card?
Wishes for Family and Friends
- “Wishing you lots of luck and happiness in the year ahead.”
- “May this new year bring you good health and good fortune.”
- “Happy New Year!
- “Hope this new year brings you good fortune, peace and prosperity.”
- “Thinking of you and your family and wishing you all a year that outshines the rest.”
What happens when you text Happy Chinese New Year?
When you send a “Happy New Year” message, your text will be accompanied by its own fireworks show.
How do you greet someone in Mandarin?
12 Common Ways to Say “Hi” in Chinese
- 你好 | Nĭhǎo | Hello!
- 您好 | Nínhǎo | Hello (polite)
- 大家好 | Dàjiā hǎo | Hello everybody!
- 老师好 | Lǎoshī hǎo | Hello, teacher!
- 下午好 | Xiàwǔhǎo | Good afternoon!
- 晚上好 | Wǎnshànghǎo | Good evening!
- 早 | Zǎo | Good morning (informal)
- 喂 | Wéi | Hello (used when answering the phone)
How do you wish someone well in Chinese?
General Well-Wishing 心想事成 (xīn xiǎng shì chéng): May all your wishes come true. 出入平安 (chū rù píng ān): May you have peace wherever you go. 一帆风顺 (yī fān fēng shùn): May you have smooth sailing (i.e. figuratively). 吉祥如意 (jí xiang rú yì): May you be as lucky as you desire.
What are some Chinese sayings?
75 Chinese Proverbs
- A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
- It’s better to be without a book than to believe a book entirely.
- A little impatience will spoil great plans.
- If you bow at all, bow low.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- A smile will gain you ten more years of life.