- 1 How do you say basic greetings in Chinese?
- 2 How do you greet someone for the first time in Chinese?
- 3 What can I say instead of good morning?
- 4 What is ni hao ma?
- 5 What is a traditional Chinese greeting?
- 6 Is dating allowed in China?
- 7 Do Chinese believe in God?
- 8 What is the hardest language to learn?
- 9 What are 4 greetings in Spanish?
- 10 What are some Chinese sayings?
- 11 How do you say hi?
- 12 What is your name in Chinese?
How do you say basic greetings in Chinese?
Basic Mandarin Chinese Words and Phrases
- Hello: Nǐhǎo (Nee how)
- Thank you: Xièxiè (Shieh-shieh)
- You’re welcome: Bù kèqì (Boo kuh-chi)
- Good morning: Zǎo (Zhow)
- Goodnight: Wǎn’ān (One-un)
- My name is…: Wǒ jiào (
- My friend’s name is: Wǒ de péngyǒu jiào…
How do you greet someone for the first time in Chinese?
When first meeting someone in China, I learned you should always be formal and polite. A formal greeting includes a verbal “nĭ hăo / 你好” (hello – informal) or “nín hăo / 您好” (hello – formal for older generation) and a slight bow of your head.
What can I say instead of good morning?
Good morning to your friends and colleagues
- Hello! How are you?
- Hi! What a lovely morning!
- Hiya! How was your weekend?
- Morning! How’s it going?
- Hey! Long time no see.
- Hi there! What’s up?
- Hi! What’s good?
- Hello! How have you been?
What is ni hao ma?
你好! It means ” Hi!”, ” How do you do?”, ” Hello!” It is an everyday greeting and is used at any time, on any occasion and by a person of any social status.
What is a traditional Chinese greeting?
The most common form of greeting in China is “ni hao”, usually translated as “Good day” but literally meaning “You are well”. The same greeting phrased as a question (How are you?) is “ni hao ma”. The response is usually “ni hao”.
Is dating allowed in China?
Because of China’s rigorous college entrance examination, dating is rarely tolerated among high school students. But in general, Chinese students leave high school with a lot less romantic experience than their American counterparts. For a lot of Chinese people, serious dating starts after they’ve finished school.
Do Chinese believe in God?
China officially espouses state atheism, but in reality many Chinese citizens, including Chinese Communist Party (CCP) members, practice some kind of Chinese folk religion.
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages To Learn For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world.
What are 4 greetings in Spanish?
Here are the most common greetings in Spanish:
- Hola – Hello.
- Buenas – Hi (informal)
- Buenos días – Good morning.
- Buen día – Good morning (less common, used in Argentina)
- Buenas tardes – Good afternoon.
- Buenas noches – Good evening.
- Bienvenido – Welcome.
What are some Chinese sayings?
75 Chinese Proverbs
- A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
- It’s better to be without a book than to believe a book entirely.
- A little impatience will spoil great plans.
- If you bow at all, bow low.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- A smile will gain you ten more years of life.
How do you say hi?
There are many other options, but here are six of the most common formal ways to say “hello”:
- “Good morning.”
- “Good afternoon.”
- “Good evening.”
- “It’s nice to meet you.”
- “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” (These last two only work when you are meeting someone for the first time.)
- 7. “ Hi!” (
- 8. “ Morning!” (
What is your name in Chinese?
In Chinese, we use the following question to ask someone’s full name. 你叫什么名字？ (Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?) What’s your name? If you want to ask this question with respect or at a formal occasion, you can say “请问你叫什么名字？ (Qǐngwèn nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?)