The Woodward English gave the following rules that will help us learn how to use “How much” and “How many” properly.
(a) When we want to know the quantity or amount of something, we ask questions starting with “How much“
We can use “How much” when we want to ask the quantity of uncountable nouns.
- How much time do we have to finish the test?
- How much money did you spend?
We can also use how much when we want to ask about the price of something
- How much is that painting?
- How much are those shoes?
(b) How many is used when we want to know the QUANTITY of something. It is only used with plural countable nouns.
- How many days are there in January?
- How many people work in your company?
To learn more about how much and how many please click here.
To take the quiz, please click here.