Do you want to learn more about Gerunds and Infinitives? If so, check this post.
FluentU gave the following simple rules that can help us learn more about the use gerunds and infinitives.
- Gerunds can be used as a subject of a sentence.
- Both gerunds and infinitives can be used as objects of a sentence. However, some verbs require a gerund and some will require an infinitive. Click here to see the list.
- Infinitives should be used after many adjectives.
- Only infinitives are used after sentence objects that are nouns or pronouns referring to a person.
- Only gerunds are used after prepositions(with one exception).
To know more about this topic, please click here.
***DISCLAIMER: The Iamdouzone Blog doesn’t own any of the pictures, videos, articles or excerpt of the article/s featured above. Credits to the owner/s were properly stated.