Want to practice assessing essays and learn mo re about essay corrections? If yes, then please check this out.
Inappropriate words vs. Sentence Structure
When do we categorize errors as Inappropriate Words or Sentence Structure?
- Replacing any word with another word other than a conjunction, preposition or article
- Omitting unnecessary words/phrases (not conjunction, preposition, article)
- Errant noun forms (singular to plural, and conversely)
- Errant verbs (not verb forms)
- Changing all the words in a highlighted phrase. No retained word from the original phrase.
- Change in word form/function
- Syntax error (word order)
- Adding a missing subject, predicate, or object in the clause
- Improper spacing of words before/after a punctuation mark
- When a word is retained from the original phrase
In correcting long sentences, remember that if there is a retained word, it falls under Sentence Structure, NOT Inappropriate words.
TO TAKE THE QUIZ, CLICK HERE.
***DISCLAIMER: The Iamdouzone Blog doesn’t own any of the pictures, videos, articles or excerpt of the article/s featured above. Credits to the owner/s were properly stated.