Can we use a gerund or an infinitive after a verb? Check this out and find out.
Fluentu.com (http://www.fluentu.com) gave the following simple rules that can help us learn more about the use gerunds and infinitives.
- Gerunds can be used as a subject of a sentence.
- Both gerunds and infinitives can be used as objects of a sentence.However, some verbs require a gerund and some will require an infinitive. Click here to see the list.
- Infinitives should be used after many adjectives.
- Only infinitives are used after sentence objects that are nouns or pronouns referring to a person.
- Only gerunds are used after prepositions(with one exception). Please click here.
To know more about this topic, please click here.
Please click here to take the short quiz.