Want to know what to capitalize when writing a title? Check this out.
grammar.yourdictionary.com stated the general capitalization rules for titles. Based on the article they posted, these parts of speech should be capitalized when writing titles:
- Nouns (man, bus, book)
- Adjectives (angry, lovely, small)
- Verbs (run, eat, sleep)
- Adverbs (slowly, quickly, quietly)
- Pronouns (he, she, it)
- Subordinating conjunctions (as, because, that)
On the other hand, grammar.yourdictionary.com stated that we don’t need to capitalize the following:
- Articles: a, an, the
- Coordinating Conjunctions: and, but, or, for, nor, etc.
- Prepositions (fewer than five letters): on, at, to, from, by, etc.